Pilot, air traffic controllers, cabin crew screening
We perform pre-employment and routine eye checkups for issuance and renewals for UAE GCAA Class 1, 2 and 3 pilots and cabin crew members, based on the approved UAE GCAA regulatory requirements. We also offer further world class eye treatment for aviation professionals, as and when required.
- Consultation with GCAA licensed Ophthalmologist
- Colour vision test – using Ishihara test plates
- Contrast sensitivity (if previous refractive surgery) – contrast sensitivity can be affected after LASIK
- Measurement of intraocular pressure – to exclude glaucoma
- Clinical examination of the anterior segment and dilated fundoscopy (retinal examination) – detailed examination of all the intraocular structures including the cornea, lens, retina and optic nerves
- Examination with orthoptist
- Extraocular muscle balance
- Extraocular movements and
- Heterophoria or heterotropia (strabismus)
- Examiniation with optometrist
- Visual acuity: near and distance
- Binocular Esterman visual fields.